Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 14:30:41 UTC

separate SDO Java distribution

Hi,

I'm looking at some pom.xml files, particularly the ones for java sca
distributions, to try to work out what additions would be needed to permit
building a separate sdo java distribution.   I can see the general pattern,
but if anyone has any pointers to good documentation or has any suggestions
before I get too deep into this I'd much appreciate them.

Kelvin

Re: separate SDO Java distribution

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I have put a fairly rough collation of our IRC chat on the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/Building/SdoDistroChat and
linked it through from http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava

Regards, Kelvin.

--
Best Regards
Kelvin Goodson

Re: separate SDO Java distribution

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
I had an offline chat with lresende about a similar effort for DAS,  so
perhaps we could meet on IRC sometime soon,  and go through what needs to be
done?

Cheers, Kelvin.

On 09/08/06, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2006, at 5:30 AM, kelvin goodson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at some pom.xml files, particularly the ones for java sca
> > distributions, to try to work out what additions would be needed to
> > permit
> > building a separate sdo java distribution.   I can see the general
> > pattern,
> > but if anyone has any pointers to good documentation or has any
> > suggestions
> > before I get too deep into this I'd much appreciate them.
>
> I would think that you just need to duplicate something like the sca
> distribution modules which really just use the maven-assembly-plugin
> to create the distribution archives. "Good" documentation is relative
> - what there is is here:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/
>
> If you know what you would like the distro bundle to look like (e.g.
> just bin and lib directories or do you need more) then I'm happy to
> help with setting up the assembly definition.
>
> --
> Jeremy

Best Regards
Kelvin Goodson

Re: separate SDO Java distribution

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Jeremy,
   I think that bin and lib directories should be fine.  If you have the
bandwidth to help with the assembly definition that would be great, thanks.

Kelvin

On 09/08/06, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2006, at 5:30 AM, kelvin goodson wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at some pom.xml files, particularly the ones for java sca
> > distributions, to try to work out what additions would be needed to
> > permit
> > building a separate sdo java distribution.   I can see the general
> > pattern,
> > but if anyone has any pointers to good documentation or has any
> > suggestions
> > before I get too deep into this I'd much appreciate them.
>
> I would think that you just need to duplicate something like the sca
> distribution modules which really just use the maven-assembly-plugin
> to create the distribution archives. "Good" documentation is relative
> - what there is is here:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/
>
> If you know what you would like the distro bundle to look like (e.g.
> just bin and lib directories or do you need more) then I'm happy to
> help with setting up the assembly definition.
>
> --
> Jeremy

Best Regards
Kelvin Goodson