Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2012/10/01 23:33:43 UTC

Re: Remove node from cluster and have it run as a single node cluster by itself

> The other nodes may be trying to connect to it - it may be listed as a
> seed node on the other machines?
The other nodes will be looking for it.

Change the Cluster Name in the yaml file.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by "Xu, Zaili" <ZX...@pershing.com>.
Thanks, Aaron and Tim

Yes. I am trying to decommision a seed node. Looks like the only way to prevent a seed node automatically join the previous cluster on backup is to change its cluster_name

Zaili Xu

[...]

IMPORTANT: Any information contained in this communication is intended for the use of the named individual or entity. All information contained in this communication is not intended or construed as an offer, solicitation, or a recommendation to purchase any security. Advice, suggestions or views presented in this communication are not necessarily those of Pershing LLC nor do they warrant a complete or accurate statement.

If you are not an intended party to this communication, please notify the sender and delete/destroy any and all copies of this communication. Unintended recipients shall not review, reproduce, disseminate nor disclose any information contained in this communication. Pershing LLC reserves the right to monitor and retain all incoming and outgoing communications as permitted by applicable law.

Email communications may contain viruses or other defects. Pershing LLC does not accept liability nor does it warrant that email communications are virus or defect free.