Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by John Devasia <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2002/04/23 08:39:52 UTC

Handling servlets HTTPSession variables

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem...
the application I'm testing maintains the username of authenticated users as
javax.servlet.HttpSession variables, my test case is simply to pass a valid
username and password to the login JSP and test to ensure that I am
redirected to the right page.

1) I isuue a HTTP request on the login JSP with a valid username and
password
2) I am redirected to the JSP to which I expected to be redirected  (I got
this from the output on the command window)
3) this page has a check for a  validated user for this session, this test
fails (as there seems to be no valid user for this HttpSession)

I'm sure I'm missing something here, I'll be grateful if some of you could
point it out/ suggest a work around
Thanks
Have a great day
John

RE: Handling servlets HTTPSession variables

Posted by Jonathan O'Keeffe <jo...@attbi.com>.
John -

Do you have an HTTP Cookie Manager in your test plan?  If your server is
using cookies for session management (as most do), you need to include an
HTTP Cookie Manager in your test plan.  Just drop one in at the top level
of your Thread Group and things should work properly.

- Jonathan