Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Vrignaud Etienne <ev...@axway.com> on 2011/05/27 16:42:11 UTC

[iPojo] 1.8.0 migration trouble

Hi,

Currently I am in trouble migrating from iPojo version 1.6.4 to iPojo 1.8.0.
I am doing this migration in order to get all the evolutions and fixes.
Unfortunately I discovered that there is a difference in the behavior of properties injection.

With the version 1.6.4 I was using some lines of code like this:
    @Property(mandatory = false)
    public String stringDescription = null;

Those two lines of code are not working with iPojo 1.8.0.
The property is never injected. The '= null' part code seems to cause that trouble.
When I remove it, then it works. So the two lines becomes:
    @Property(mandatory = false)
    public String stringDescription;

Could you tell me if this new behavior is normal or if it's a regression.
I am doing that migration into my project and I would like to avoid to get a deep look at each property injection locations.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
/Etienne

Re: [iPojo] 1.8.0 migration trouble

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 27.05.11 16:42, "Vrignaud Etienne" <ev...@axway.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Currently I am in trouble migrating from iPojo version 1.6.4 to iPojo
>1.8.0.
>I am doing this migration in order to get all the evolutions and fixes.
>Unfortunately I discovered that there is a difference in the behavior of
>properties injection.
>
>With the version 1.6.4 I was using some lines of code like this:
>    @Property(mandatory = false)
>    public String stringDescription = null;
>
>Those two lines of code are not working with iPojo 1.8.0.
>The property is never injected. The '= null' part code seems to cause
>that trouble.
>When I remove it, then it works. So the two lines becomes:
>    @Property(mandatory = false)
>    public String stringDescription;
>
>Could you tell me if this new behavior is normal or if it's a regression.
>I am doing that migration into my project and I would like to avoid to
>get a deep look at each property injection locations.

Well, in fact it should never have worked...
With '=null' when the object is created, the property is updated
regardless the configured value with ... Null overriding the configuration
value.

Regards,

Clement