Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/27 23:51:48 UTC

Suppressing unnecessary JIRA Close mails

I'm not sure we really want all the JIRA Close mails when a component
has been released.

Too late for Collections, but for future releases:

To avoid sending emails, use a query to select the relevant issues, for example:

project = IO AND fixVersion = 2.5 and status = Resolved

Then use the Tools/Bulk Change feature.
Select the relevant issues
Use the Transition function to move them to closed
Deselect the "Send Mail" option before pressing GO

Re: Suppressing unnecessary JIRA Close mails

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Dec 17, 2017, at 10:08 AM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That needs to be documented on our release pageā€¦

Done

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.