Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Coleman, Chris" <Ch...@thalesgroup.com.au> on 2011/03/24 23:38:08 UTC

Best way to periodically refresh an inmethod DataGrid?

We've got a wicket app with an inmethod DataGrid and it displays fine and we use an AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehaviour to update the grid every 5 seconds. That part works fine - as data changes in the database the changes are reflected in the table in the browser....

However, if we select an item the selection dissappears when the very next refresh occurs. How do we refresh the DataGrid in such a way that it remembers its selected item after a refresh?

DISCLAIMER:---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files and previous e-mail messages
attached to it are private and confidential. They may contain proprietary or copyright
material or information that is subject to legal professional privilege. They are for
the use of the intended recipient only.  Any unauthorised viewing, use, disclosure,
copying, alteration, storage or distribution of, or reliance on, this message is
strictly prohibited. No part may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the
written permission of the owner. If you have received this transmission in error, or
are not an authorised recipient, please immediately notify the sender by return email,
copies. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient should not be deemed a
waiver of any privilege or protection. Thales Australia does not warrant or represent
that this e-mail or any documents, files and previous e-mail messages attached are
error or virus free.

RE: Best way to periodically refresh an inmethod DataGrid?

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
I ended up doing it all server side - overriding onSelectionChanged* and
setting a selectedItem attribute. We then override isSelectedItem and
return true if the given item 'equals' selectedItem - must make sure
your IModel and domain classes all override equals and test for class
match and non null operand.

-

-

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.