Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2014/12/22 21:49:31 UTC

[vfs] pom help needed - distributionManagement

Hello,

currently the POM of VFS contains:

 <repositories>
  <repository>
   <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
   <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
   <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
   <releases>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
   </releases>
  </repository>
  <repository>
   <id>apache.snapshots</id>
   <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
   <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/</url>
   <releases>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
   </releases>
  </repository>
 </repositories>
 <distributionManagement>
  <repository>
   <id>apache.releases.https</id>
   <name>Apache Release Distribution Repository</name>
   <url>https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2</url>
  </repository>
  <snapshotRepository>
   <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
   <name>Apache Development Snapshot Repository</name>
   <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
  </snapshotRepository>

  <site>
   <id>apache.website</id>
   <name>Apache Commons Site</name>
   <url>${commons.deployment.protocol}://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/${commons.componentid}</url>
  </site>
 </distributionManagement>

I am guessing, we can remove all of it?

(the apache parent defines apache.releases.https and
apache.snapshots.https)

According to the commons-parent comment, I should add the following for
the site deploy, is this still relevant? (I see that commons-math is
doing this differently, whats the canonical way?)

    <distributionManagement>
      <site>
        <id>commons.site</id>
        <name>Apache Commons Site SVN</name>
        <url>scm:svn:${commons.scmPubUrl}</url>
      </site>
    </distributionManagement>

Gruss
Bernd

Re: [vfs] pom help needed - distributionManagement

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

all of them (math, csv, codec) do not define repos, so I removed them
in vfs as well.

codec seems to have an old distributionManagement entry for the site
  <id>stagingSite</id>
  <url>${commons.deployment.protocol}://people.apache.org/www/commons.apache.org/${commons.componentid}/</url>).
I guess it is not used, but could be cleaned up anyway.

For the distribution management all use only a site entry. CSV and Math
use one similiar to the comment in commons-parent, so I used that one
instead for VFS:

    <commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/commons-vfs</commons.scmPubUrl>
    <distributionManagement>
      <site>
        <id>commons.site</id>
        <name>Apache Commons Site SVN</name>
        <url>scm:svn:${commons.scmPubUrl}</url>
      </site>
    </distributionManagement>

Will commit that later. Thanks Gary for help.

Gruss
Bernd

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,