Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mo...@physics.gmu.edu on 2003/08/25 22:32:09 UTC

Reg: Connector or Apache and Tomcat

Hi
I am running a few struts-based webapp using tomcat. I access them using
www.xyz.org/webappA, www.xyz.org/webappB, www.xyz.org/webappC. We have an
old website consisting of static html. we want to merge this old website
to the tomcat. The old webiste had stuff something in this format
www.old.org/ModA, www.old.org/ModB, www.old.ModC etc..I would like it to
be so that i can all the entire content from one IP like
www.xyz.org/webappA,www.xyz,org/webappB, www/xyz.org/modA(static HTML
module), www.xyz.org/modB(static HTML module. Plz. let me know how i can
do this. I dont even know if i should use connectors for this. I am not
getting any resources on this plz. help me

Thank you

Mohan

Re: Reg: Connector or Apache and Tomcat

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Tomcat is perfectly capable of serving HTML documents.  Set up a Host in
server.xml, and in that Host set up a Context to handle your static content.

If you're not using Apache now, there's no reason to use it in the
future just for serving static files.

John