Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Parashuram N (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com> on 2015/02/12 01:22:00 UTC

[DISCUSS] Cordova-Windows@3.7.2 release

Hi,

It has been a while since we did a Windows release. I specifically wanted to start a discuss thread to release Windows due to the following issue that had been fixed, but looks like was never released out.

The bug (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-7985) is about not being able to build Windows on Visual Studio 14 CTP tools. This fix (https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/commit/84c9547ab58bb256a3054f29612daec3d41196bc) is pretty simple. With more people now starting to have VS 2014, I think we should make this release.

Are there any other parts that should go in this release?

RE: [DISCUSS] Cordova-Windows@3.7.2 release

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
I'm going to start a vote thread soon, but propose to release this as 3.8.0 instead of 3.7.2 due to the following reasons:
1. There is new functionality here so this is a NOT a patch release
2. 3.7.x was released 4 months ago (11/2014)
3. Due to many changes in master it will be hard to cherry pick new functionality to 3.7.x

Thx!
Sergey
Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
+1