Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/03/20 18:11:58 UTC

[axis2] A couple of Addressing questions

Hi folks:

Why do we have a separate AddressingValidationHandler?  Wouldn't it make
more sense simply to do any addressing-specific validation right in the
AddressingInHandler or the AddressingBasedDispatcher?  Is it possible to
simplify this?

Also, rather than having separate Handlers for the different versions of
addressing, wouldn't it make more sense to have just one
AddressingInHandler and then let that do version-specific work with its
own utility classes?  A separate handler seems like overkill.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [axis2] A couple of Addressing questions

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
David Illsley wrote:

> I'm pretty sure there are people who would object to including
> "WS-Addressing" specific logic in the "Addressing"Dispatcher so there
> should probably be:
> 5. No WS-Addressing spec type logic in the AddressingDispatcher

Glen you may recall this topic .. we decided to bring addressing concepts
to the core but not a dependency on WS-Addressing in particular. So the
"addressing dispatcher" is dispatching on these abstract properties and
not on WS-Addressing directly. The WS-Addressing module reads those
headers and populates the properties.

I don't see any need to change that model at this time.

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [axis2] A couple of Addressing questions

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,
It's all up for grabs as far as I'm concerned.. though I have the
following requirements in mind...
1. Must be possible to deploy support for only one of the supported
addressing versions
2. Must be possible to disable the validation
3. Avoid churn for its own sake
4. Some of the validation has to happen after operation dispatch

I'm pretty sure there are people who would object to including
"WS-Addressing" specific logic in the "Addressing"Dispatcher so there
should probably be:
5. No WS-Addressing spec type logic in the AddressingDispatcher

Brian is right that I'm mid refactor of the dispatchers (and hope to
complete that this week) but I don't think that's relevant.

I'm not aware of any performance numbers suggesting it's important to
minimise the chain length... so I'm not sure if it's worth the churn.

Do you have anything in particular you are considering?
David

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hello Glen,