Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lisa Tan <ag...@wayne.edu> on 2007/03/02 00:56:05 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: Compatible version on Apache, Tomcat and Openssl?

I am a newbie on all the apps. I am trying to test Shibboleth app but need
these three apps to be installed before I installed Shibboleth.

At first I had a hard time to configure Apache 2.2.4 and Tomcat 5.5.20 but
they are working now. When I tried to add Openssl 0.9.7.h, Apache is not
working. I tried Apache 2.0.59. The installation went smooth.

Now I need to find configuration steps for Apache 2.0.59, Tomcat 5.5.20 and
Openssl. Before I do that, I'd like to get help from this group to see if
the app versions are compatible?

I would appreciate if anyone could give me step by step docs on the
configuration. Thanks,

Lisa Tan, Lead Systems Integrator

eServices & Strategic Technologies

Computing & Information Technology

Wayne State University

5925 Woodward Ave. Rm# 313

Detroit, MI 48202

Phone: 313-577-2561

Fax: 313-577-0431

Email: ag5087@wayne.edu

Re: [users@httpd] RE: Compatible version on Apache, Tomcat and Openssl?

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
On 03/02/2007 03:56 PM, Lisa Tan wrote:
> Do you know which mod_jk I should use? Mod_jk or mod_jk2?

mod_jk2 is no longer developed, use mod_jk.
Davide

--
[It] contains "vegetable stabilizer" which sounds ominous.  How unstable
are vegetables? --Jeff Zahn

RE: [users@httpd] RE: Compatible version on Apache, Tomcat and Openssl?

Posted by Lisa Tan <ag...@wayne.edu>.
Do you know which mod_jk I should use? Mod_jk or mod_jk2?

Thanks.

  _____

may be you install openssl at first. I think the version is 0.9.8a or ( more
than 0.9.7, may be is better)

and now, you can install apache

then tomcat.

if you want apache + tomcat,