Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Steve Lee <sl...@opendirective.com> on 2011/09/17 14:48:08 UTC

Cached files

I'm seeing some strange behaviour which took a while to get to the
bottom of. Basically a script file that I once had in my widget is
still available. Though I deleted the file, I accidentally left the
including <script> in, and after tearing my hear out with some really
bizarre behaviour it seems the file still exists as far as the client
is concerned.

I've checked it's not in the .wgt that gets deployed yet the browser
sees it. So there must be some caching someplace causing this. My
guess this would be quite late in the chain, for example when the
widget is deployed to Apache as separate files.

The solution is no doubt to delete all content in the target dir
widget before copying the widget files.

Trust me to find a edge case.

Steve Lee
Programme Leader (Open Accessibility)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Re: Cached files

Posted by Steve Lee <st...@fullmeasure.co.uk>.
On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Scott Wilson
<sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 Sep 2011, at 13:48, Steve Lee wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing some strange behaviour which took a while to get to the
>> bottom of. Basically a script file that I once had in my widget is
>> still available. Though I deleted the file, I accidentally left the
>> including <script> in, and after tearing my hear out with some really
>> bizarre behaviour it seems the file still exists as far as the client
>> is concerned.
>>
>> I've checked it's not in the .wgt that gets deployed yet the browser
>> sees it. So there must be some caching someplace causing this. My
>> guess this would be quite late in the chain, for example when the
>> widget is deployed to Apache as separate files.
>>
>> The solution is no doubt to delete all content in the target dir
>> widget before copying the widget files.
>

> Sounds like a bug in the deployment process to me - the deploy process should remove the existing files before copying over the updated versions. Definitely worth putting an issue in the tracker for this one.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WOOKIE-239

Steve

Re: Cached files

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.