Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2010/01/13 18:30:07 UTC

derby download numbers

The download numbers here are very impressive:
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/derby.html According
to those numbers, more than 120K copies of Derby are downloaded per
month. Is there any reason to suspect that those numbers are too big?
For instance, does that web page track the download of something other
than Derby distributions from our download pages?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: derby download numbers

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
> The download numbers here are very impressive:
> http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/derby.html According to
> those numbers, more than 120K copies of Derby are downloaded per month. Is
> there any reason to suspect that those numbers are too big? For instance,
> does that web page track the download of something other than Derby
> distributions from our download pages?

I think it does. I believe it counts the number of times a non-HTML
file (like, e.g. one of the PDF docs) is served from db.apache.org.
The exact number of downloads of the Derby distributions can't be
determined exactly due to the mirror distribution system. Check with
Vadim to confirm.

andrew