Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/04/10 05:39:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4-alpha

Folks,

I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.4-alpha that I would like to release.

This is a bug-fix release which solves a number of issues discovered during integration testing of the full-stack.

The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.4-alpha-rc0/
The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.4-alpha-rc0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

P.S. Many thanks are in order - Roman/Cos and rest of BigTop community for helping to find a number of integration issues, Ted Yu for co-ordinating on HBase, Alejandro for co-ordinating on Oozie, Vinod/Sid/Alejandro/Xuan/Daryn and rest of devs for quickly jumping and fixing these.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, don't include HDFS-4339, because
HDFS-4334<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4334> is
fixed for 3.0.0.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Ok, I'll spin rc1 after. Thanks.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
Sid, I checked this into 2.0.4-alpha.

Thanks,
+Vinod

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
HADOOP-9467 has patch available.

It would be nice to include that as well.

Thanks

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Ok, I'll spin rc1 after. Thanks.

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Ok, I'll spin rc1 after. Thanks.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Ok, I'll spin rc1 after. Thanks.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
On Apr 13, 2013, at 2:42 AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Sigh! You are right Andrew - I'll need to back out a patch from branch-2.0.4-alpha and re-generate the release. RC2 needed now.
>
> Can you elaborate please? Are you saying there was a patch in branch-2.0.4 that
> wasn't pulled into the RC1? I still can't reconcile the fact that the
> tarball you've
> posted seems to build just fine for me.

Rookie mistake. I hadn't done an 'svn up' in my workspace; hence didn't catch it.

Arun

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Sigh! You are right Andrew - I'll need to back out a patch from branch-2.0.4-alpha and re-generate the release. RC2 needed now.

Can you elaborate please? Are you saying there was a patch in branch-2.0.4 that
wasn't pulled into the RC1? I still can't reconcile the fact that the
tarball you've
posted seems to build just fine for me.

This is a little bit concerning so please let us know.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I find that branch-2.0.4-alpha won't compile for me.
o.a.h.yarn.server.resourcemanager.schduler.fifo.TestFifoScheduler is
missing an import for ResourceRequest or ResourceRequest is not available
on the branch.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Either jira (fix version 2.0.4-alpha) or in the releasenotes.html
bundled in the release tarball.

Arun

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Azurry,

Thanks as always, for helping evaluate releases. You can see the
change list on JIRA presently: bit.ly/XCijNN (includes all projects,
HADOOP (Common), HDFS, YARN and MAPREDUCE)

--
Harsh J

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.7

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- downloaded binary tarball
- verified signatures and checksums
- deployed to 3 Ubuntu VMs: 1xNN, 1xRM, 2xDN, 2xNM, 1x2NN
- tested multiple HDFS operations
- ran wordcount MR job
- verified that 2NN can take a checkpoint

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)
checked sigs and checksums
built and ran some simple jobs on single-node
--
Derek

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1 [non-binding]:
  checksums match, builds, and some simple tests are running ok.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Siddharth Seth <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

1. Downloaded the source bundle and the binary bundle, and built the source
code successfully.
2. Verified the checksum and the signature
3. Setup a single-node cluster, and ran a couple of examples successfully

--
Zhijie Shen

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Harsh J

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.7

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Harsh J

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.7

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Harsh J

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.7

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Harsh J

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.7

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified sigs, ran sample jobs on a single-node cluster.

Arun

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

- Verified signatures and checksums
- Installed single-node cluster from binary tarball and ran sample jobs
- Built from source, installed single-node cluster from resulting
binaries, and ran sample jobs

Jason

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Verified sigs and sums
built
ran some simple jobs on a single-node cluster

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1, verified MD5 and signature. Did a full build, started pseudo cluster,
run a few MR jobs, verified httpfs works.

Thanks.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1
I did basic verification and testing of the rc.

Thanks,
--Konst

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.7

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

I downloaded the release and ran a few sanity tests on it.

--Bobby

FW: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.7

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Fyi - vote for 0.23.7 going on in the dev lists.  Forwarding to general as
the a few people have told me they didn't see this.

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

- Verified signatures and checksums
- Verified MAPREDUCE-5211 was present in CHANGES.txt and source
- Built from source, deployed single-node cluster, ran example jobs

Jason

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Built from source, ran some basic tests on a single node cluster.

-- Hitesh

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Verified bits, ran sample jobs on a cluster.

+1 (binding)

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.8

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Checksum and signature match, ran some tests. -C

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandy Ryza <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks everyone for trying 0.23.8 out and voting.

With 10 +1's (7 binding, 3 non-binding) and no -1's, the vote passes.  I
will push the release.

Tom Graves

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Downloaded the release and ran a few basic tests.

--Bobby

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kihwal Lee <ki...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 I've checked out, built and deployed release-0.23.7-rc0 to a single
node cluster. Ran a couple of sample jobs.

Kihwal

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1 (binding)