Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gil Dawson <Gi...@GilDawson.com> on 2014/12/30 23:27:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Copy of httpd.confg

Where can I get an approximate copy of the httpd.conf file that was (probably) released with Version 2.2.24 (Unix)?

I'm looking at the httpd.conf file on my MacBook Pro (that I assume was delivered with MacOS 10.6.8), and some of the comments (#) don't make sense.  I'd like to compare my file against a version of this file as delivered from Apache.

The commands themselves seem to work; it's just the comments I suspect may have been changed from what was originally written.

Example:

	From someone else's machine (of unknown versionity):

# Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for many
# of the server’s control files begin with “/” (or “drive:/” for Win32), the
# server will use that explicit path. If the filenames do *not* begin
# with “/”, the value of ServerRoot is prepended — so “logs/foo.log”
# with ServerRoot set to “/usr/local/apache2″ will be interpreted by the
# server as “/usr/local/apache2/logs/foo.log”.

The first paragraph makes sense to me.

	From my machine (Version 2.2.24):

# Configuration and logfile names: If the filenames you specify for many
# of the server's control files begin with "/" (or "drive:/" for Win32), the
# server will use that explicit path.  If the filenames do *not* begin
# with "/", the value of ServerRoot is prepended -- so "/private/var/log/apache2/foo_log"
# with ServerRoot set to "/usr" will be interpreted by the
# server as "/usr//private/var/log/apache2/foo_log".

The second, not so much.

The new file names don't fit the file system structure as implemented.
Why would Apple change the examples?

--Gil

Re: [users@httpd] Copy of httpd.confg

Posted by Gil Dawson <Gi...@GilDawson.com>.
Excellent!

Thanks, Eric.

--Gil

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM, Gil Dawson <Gi...@gildawson.com> wrote:
> Where can I get an approximate copy of the httpd.conf file that was
> (probably) released with Version 2.2.24 (Unix)?

On Dec 30, 2014, at 2:35 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
Here's what it looks like, with the variables substituted at
install-time unresolved:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/tags/2.2.24/docs/conf/httpd.conf.in?view=markup

Re: [users@httpd] Copy of httpd.confg

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.