Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu> on 2003/05/03 14:52:36 UTC

Maven build

The current version of the maven build for HttpClient is non
functional.  This is because JSSE and JCE, which are build
requirements, are no longer available on ibiblio.  I think we have only
two options for fixing this:

1) Require JSSE and JCE be available locally for the build.  Either
they would be included in CVS or would need to be downloaded separately.
2) Remove JSSE and JCE from the build requirements.  This will make the
maven build only available on JDK 1.4+ machines.

Do we have any other choices?  What would everyone prefer?

Mike

Re: Maven build

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Sounds like we should remove the explicit dependencies on JSSE and JCE
for the short term.  This will require 1.4 or manually adding JSSE and
JCE to compile with Maven.  If there are no objections I will make the
change to project.xml.

Mike

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

Re: Maven build