Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jack J. Coleman" <ja...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/02/23 18:40:30 UTC

mod_jk PUT request-method returns 405 Error

I was using Tomcat standalone and I could send files to the server with
the PUT request-method with no problems (in a REST Web Service). Now
that I have Apache hooked into Tomcat with mod_jk, the PUT request gives
me a 405 error (method not allowed). Does anyone know how to set this up
so that the PUT request gets forwarded from Apache to a servlet or a JSP
(through mod_jk)? Does mod_jk even support the forwarding of PUT
requests? I am running Apache 2.0.50, Tomcat 5.5 and mod_jk 1.2.15 all
on RedHat Linux.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: mod_jk PUT request-method returns 405 Error

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Jack J. Coleman wrote:
> I do not have any Location directives and I am not using auto aliasing.
> My httpd.conf has a simple VirtualHost directive.
>
> Even so, I tried moving the JSP outside of the WEB-INF, but still no luck.
>
> The request doesn't seem to be getting to mod_jk at all. In the Apache
> access_log I can see the 405 error message, but in the mod_jk log (with
> debug turned on), I see nothing about that request. Apache seems to be
> stopping the PUT in its tracks.

No idea then. Unless you have some Limit directive, check the
access.log if you are hitting the correct location.

> Is there some way to tell mod_jk to handle the PUT request (like you
> would for a cgi script)?

No need, mod_jk is a handler, and as such is independent of the http
method.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: mod_jk PUT request-method returns 405 Error

Posted by "Jack J. Coleman" <ja...@bellsouth.net>.
I do not have any Location directives and I am not using auto aliasing.
My httpd.conf has a simple VirtualHost directive.

Even so, I tried moving the JSP outside of the WEB-INF, but still no luck.

The request doesn't seem to be getting to mod_jk at all. In the Apache
access_log I can see the 405 error message, but in the mod_jk log (with
debug turned on), I see nothing about that request. Apache seems to be
stopping the PUT in its tracks.

Is there some way to tell mod_jk to handle the PUT request (like you
would for a cgi script)?

<Directory /www/docs>Script PUT /cgi-bin/put.cgi</Directory>

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.

Posted by "Jack J. Coleman" <ja...@bellsouth.net>.
Apache.

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.
Jack J. Coleman wrote:
> Thanks for the response Mladen.
>
> My config file has the following:
> JKMount /accounts/account/* wrkr

Well, that's certainly a better solution.

Posted by "Jack J. Coleman" <ja...@bellsouth.net>.
Thanks for the response Mladen.

My config file has the following:

JKMount /accounts/account/* wrkr

Where "/accounts/account/*" is setup as a sevlet mapping to a JSP in
WEB-INF/jsp

If the documentRoot in Apache doesn't allow the PUT method, what about
other paths?

I know you can set up a PUT request in Apache with a cgi script, but I
was hoping that mod_jk could handle this without cgi.

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.