Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Chris O'Connell <oc...@gorillachicago.com> on 2010/04/20 21:18:06 UTC

Upgrading

I am currently using 2.3.4 of iBatis and my client is going to upgrade their
version of Oracle from 9 to 10 or 11 (they aren't sure which, yet).  Does
anyone have any thoughts/gotchas/experience that you would be willing to
share.  I'm expecting that there are no issues between iBatis and either of
those versions of Oracle (or the driver that comes with it), but I thought
the first, best place to check would be this group.

Thanks,
Chris

RE: Upgrading

Posted by "Hurley, Brian" <hu...@ti.com>.
Should be a non-event for you.  We went from Oracle 8 to 10 and had to check all of our tree queries that use connect by and we had to change many of our hints.  Mostly removing the hints work but in a couple of cases we had to add some.

From 9 to 10 should be no or very minimal change.  I have not upgraded to 11 yet myself.

Regards,
Brian Hurley