Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Reilly <pe...@corvil.com> on 2004/01/28 16:36:51 UTC

Re: Adding branch option to cvschangelog

Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:

> Does it break *BC* if I change the ChangeLogTask class to inherit from
> AbstractCvsTask instead of Task ?

I do not think so.
It is allowed to add new methods to a class, so adding a new super class
should not be a problem.
I have done this with TaskDef. In 1.6 it inherits from TypeDef and not
from Definer.

Peter

Re: Adding branch option to cvschangelog

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Peter Reilly wrote:

> Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
>

>> Does it break *BC* if I change the ChangeLogTask class to inherit
>> from AbstractCvsTask instead of Task ?
>

> I do not think so.
> It is allowed to add new methods to a class, so adding a new super
> class should not be a problem.
> I have done this with TaskDef. In 1.6 it inherits from TypeDef and not
> from Definer.
>
> Peter

Thanks Peter,

I will work on this further this evening.

Cheers,

Antoine