Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> on 2007/12/03 03:32:41 UTC

Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?

On Dec 2, 2007 9:28 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hmmm, it still sounds like you are hitting a threading issue that is
> probably exacerbated by the multicore platform of the newer machine.

Exactly what I was thinking.
What are the details of the CPUs of these two systems?

-Yonik

Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Hey Bill,

Any status on this?

On Dec 2, 2007, at 10:37 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:

>>> Hmmm, it still sounds like you are hitting a threading issue that is
>>> probably exacerbated by the multicore platform of the newer machine.
>>
>> Exactly what I was thinking.
>> What are the details of the CPUs of these two systems?
>
> Ah, good point.  The bad machine is a dual-processor 1GHz G4 "wind
> tunnel" model, and the good machine is a 1.5GH single-processor G4
> Powerbook.  I'm running the re-indexing in a daemon thread in a server
> which manages the repository.
>
> Bill

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Helpful Hints:

Re: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar broken? CorruptIndexException?

Posted by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com>.