Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/07/02 10:19:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Flink 1.5.1

Hello,

it has been a little over a month since we've release 1.5.0. Since then
we've addressed 56 JIRAs [1] for the 1.5 branch, including stability
enhancement to the new execution mode (FLIP-6), fixes for critical
issues in the metric system, but also features that didn't quite make it
into 1.5.0 like FLIP-6 support for the scala-shell.

I think now is a good time to start thinking about a 1.5.1 release, for
which I would volunteer as the release manager.

There are a few issues that I'm aware of that we should include in the
release [3], but I believe these should be resolved within the next days.
So that we don't overlap with with proposed 1.6 release [2] we ideally
start the release process this week.

What do you think?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/FLINK/versions/12343053

[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1b8b0e627739d1f01b760fb722a1aeb2e786eec09ddd47b8303faadb@%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E

[3]

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-9280
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8785
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-9567

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Flink 1.5.1

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Quick update for FLINK-9676: It is not super critical/blocker to fix this
issue for Flink 1.5.1 since the deadlock only occurs in case of a task
cancellation and also then we haven't seen it to happen too often. If Flink
should deadlock, then there is still the TaskCancelerWatchDog which would
kill the TM process if the cancellation takes too long. Having said this,
it is still important to fix this issue but imo it is not a release blocker.

Nico is currently looking into it. Maybe we have a fix for it this evening
or it will be included in Flink 1.5.2.

Cheers,
Till

Re: 回复:[DISCUSS] Release Flink 1.5.1

Posted by Nico Kruber <ni...@data-artisans.com>.
I forgot to mention: there are some follow-ups on this but the gravity
is not as high as the deadlock of FLINK-9676 and PRs are not quite ready
yet ...

Nico

--
Nico Kruber | Software Engineer
data Artisans

Follow us @dataArtisans
--
Join Flink Forward - The Apache Flink Conference
Data Artisans GmbH | Stresemannstr. 121A,10963 Berlin, Germany

Re: 回复:[DISCUSS] Release Flink 1.5.1

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Alright then, I'll start building the artifacts.

Posted by Nico Kruber <ni...@data-artisans.com>.

Posted by "Zhijiang(wangzhijiang999)" <wa...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
+1.

Thanks for being the release manager Chesnay!

I just merged FLINK-9567.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by shimin yang <ys...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

I made FLINK-9554 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-9554> as
blocker of 1.5.1, as scala shell still doesn't work in yarn mode in the
latest master branch. (I believe it is the same in branch-1.5)

Zhijiang(wangzhijiang999) <wa...@aliyun.com.invalid>于2018年7月3日周二
下午12:04写道:

Posted by "Zhijiang(wangzhijiang999)" <wa...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.
Hi Chesnay,