Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by aagrawal75 <aa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 12:31:00 UTC

Newbie question on Deduplication overWriteDupes flag

I had a configuration where I had "overwriteDupes"=false. Result: I got
duplicate documents in the index.

When I changed to "overwriteDupes"=false, the duplicate documents started
overwriting the older documents.

How do I achieve, add if not there, fail if duplicate is found. I though
that "overwriteDupes"=false would do that.

Re: Newbie question on Deduplication overWriteDupes flag

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
A follow up question on this (as it is kind of new functionality).

What happens if several documents are submitted and one of them fails
due to that? Do they get rolled back or only one?

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)