Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 00:29:41 UTC

Re: Programatic way to recursively chmod a directory

I did not try this.

What is the error or return code when you use FileUtil
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileUtil.html#chmod(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, boolean)

chmod

public static int *chmod*
<https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/src-html/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileUtil.html#line.865>(String
<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
filename,
                        String
<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true>
perm,
                        boolean recursive)
                 throws IOException
<http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/io/IOException.html?is-external=true>

Change the permissions on a file / directory, recursively, if needed.

*Parameters:*filename - name of the file whose permissions are to changeperm -
permission stringrecursive - true, if permissions should be changed
recursively*Returns:*the exit code from the command.*Throws:*IOException