Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bob Shearer <bs...@cfl.rr.com> on 2017/12/27 16:58:46 UTC

Unlocking for editing

>Whenever I attempt to open a spreadsheet, I get the following message.
1. Document file 'SEACOAST.ods' is locked for editing by:
Unknown User
Open document read-only or open a copy for editing

I open in "Open Copy".  I do editing and then try to save the edited
version.

>Whenever I attempt to save a spreadsheet, I get the following error
>messages.
1. Error saving the document: Untitled 1
Access to C:\Users\BobShearer\Documents\Untitled 1.ods was denied.

2. Error saving the document Untitled 1: General Error
General input/output error

>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Regards

---

Re: Unlocking for editing

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 12/27/2017 11:58 AM, Bob Shearer wrote:
>> Whenever I attempt to open a spreadsheet, I get the following message.
> 1. Document file 'SEACOAST.ods' is locked for editing by:
> Unknown User
> Open document read-only or open a copy for editing
>
> I open in "Open Copy".  I do editing and then try to save the edited
> version.
>>
>> Whenever I attempt to save a spreadsheet, I get the following error
>> messages.
> 1. Error saving the document: Untitled 1
> Access to C:\Users\BobShearer\Documents\Untitled 1.ods was denied.
>
> 2. Error saving the document Untitled 1: General Error
> General input/output error
>>

>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards
>
> ---

for whatever reason the lock file for that spreadsheet was never
removed. using the file manager on your system navigate to the directory
where the file is stored and look for a file with  .~lock and the name
of the file you are trying to edit and delete it. Your spreadsheet
should then open properly.

Regards
Keith