Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com> on 2011/10/06 22:48:44 UTC

Re: Appending Mime Types

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Tom Grant wrote:
> I personally like the approach of loading the standard
> /org/apache/tika/mime/tika-mimetypes.xml file, followed by any and all
> META-INF/tika-mimetypes.xml resources using the ServiceLoader class,
> followed by an optional tika-mimetypes.xml resource from the classpath for
> conflict resolution.  This would handle my use case and the over-write one.

I've finally had a chance to look at this, and I've opened TIKA-746 based
on these discussions.

I've also committed a first pass at solving the issue, by making it
possible to specify override files. By default now, tika-mimetypes.xml
will be loaded as normal, and then any custom-mimetypes.xml files found by
a service loaded will then be pulled in.

This solves my problem, and I believe all the ones discussed in the
thread, but please shout if you think there's something still missing /
something not done as well as it could be!

Nick