Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raghu Kanchustambham <kr...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/03 06:23:33 UTC

or ... how to have indexed tags?

Hello,
 I am evaluating using Struts-Layout tags (
http://struts.application-servers.com/ ) instead of <html: tags> .
 A few questions:
1. Can they co-exist? That is can I have 5 fields of my form of type
  2. More importantly, how to index them in case of multiple entries?
 for example if you are using <html:tags> you can neatly index them in a
loop and have 'rows' of 'records' as shown in the following code snippet.
 <c:forEach var="educationDetails" items="${
studentEnquiryForm.map.educationDetails}" varStatus="currStatus" >
property="mainSubjects" readonly="${readOnlyForm}"/></td>
size="3" readonly="${readOnlyForm}"/></td>
</c:forEach>
 How would you achieve the same using the <layout:> tags ?? Because <layout:
text> or <layout:date> do not have the 'facility' to set indexed="true" in
the definition of their DTD ! :(
 Hope someone has solved this problem earlier and can help me.
 Best Regards,
Raghu