Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Derek C <de...@hssl.ie> on 2023/06/30 13:41:21 UTC

How to past field value with postCommit event listener

Hi all,

The postComment event listener with the solr.RunExecutableListener would be
very useful for us to be able to trigger a sync with another system as soon
as a soft commit record update has happened and the data readable in SOLR.

I've pointed the "exe" to a python3 script and it executes fine when the
commit completes on a record but I haven't found a way to pass any of the
committed records' field values (e.g. the id value).

I can pass a static value that I've put in the "args" or "env" but is there
a way I can specify one of the committed records' field values ?

thanks for any info

Derek

--
Derek Conniffe
Harvey Software Systems Ltd T/A HSSL

*Disclaimer:* This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it
(if you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,
copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited).
*Warning*: Although HSSL have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email, HSSL cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.
P For the Environment, please only print this email if necessary.