Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org> on 2021/04/28 08:06:11 UTC

Fix version should be set on resolution

Hi all,

There are multiple fields that can be set with versions in jira. Two are
used in YuniKorn:
* Fix version/s
* Target Version

The Target Version is not shown by default on the pages but should be used
to mark a jira to be targeted for a specific release. Currently that is
0.11. The description of the Target Version field is given as:
The versions where this patch is intended to be committed. Use "Fix
Version" to note where it actually has been committed.

That is exactly what I was taught when I started using bug tracking
systems. The Fix Version/s is set when the jira is resolved or closed and
the code is committed and the issue is fixed in that version.

We had 29 jiras that are open marked with a fix version of 0.11. I have
moved them to a target version. Please do not set a fix version if the code
has not been committed, use the target version field.
There are two public searches available that can be used to check what is
going on for the current release:
target for next release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12348416
fixed in next release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12350521

These two searches are shown as the project shortcuts for anyone to access.

Wilfred

Re: Fix version should be set on resolution

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
We should follow the guidelines from JIRA, so we can leverage the tool to
do more proper project management.
I strongly suggest using the Fix version and the page:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/YUNIKORN/versions/12350025 to
monitor our release progress.
Please find more info from JIRA documentation:
https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/versions.

Posted by Julia Kinga Marton <km...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.