Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com> on 2011/04/11 12:03:49 UTC

Reg:HBase Client

Hi

AFter starting Hmaster and hregionserver, if we kill the namenode and try to
insert some data it is allowing the insertion and even get is working.

But the RegionSErver and Master throws error saying unable to connect to
namenode.

Is it not like the client should also throw error .

Regards

Ram

***********
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is

Re: Reg:HBase Client

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Same for the issue where the master isn't shutting down, we should be
shutting down region servers once checkFilesystem is called... at
least until we can find a way to ride over NN restarts.

gets/puts are probably working for files that are already opened since
HBase doesn't have to talk to the NN when that's done meaning that you
could insert until the log needs to be rolled.

J-D