Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Fr�d�ric Schwien <fr...@webmails.com> on 2000/07/29 17:31:43 UTC

Apache::Session : DBI->Too many connections

Hi ,

I am using Perl 5.6.0 whith MySql 3.22.32 , Apache 1.3.12 , modperl
1.24 .

On our Production Server , Apache error logs are showing sometimes :

[Thu Jun  8 14:53:34 2000] [error] DBI->connect failed: Too many
connections at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/Session/
DBIStore.pm line 117
	(in cleanup) DBI->connect failed: Too many connections at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/Session/DBIStore.pm li
ne 117

Does Anybody knows how solve this ?

THanks,

Fred

Sur WebMailS.com, mon adresse de courrier �lectronique gratuite.
Service multilingue, s�r, et permanent. http://www.webmails.com/

Re: Apache::Session : DBI->Too many connections

Posted by re...@ch.twi.tudelft.nl.
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Bryan McGuire wrote:

> Mysql accepts a maximum of 100 connections. This probably means you have
> MaxClients set at a number larger than this. If you are serving all of your
> files, including static html and graphics, through one mod_perl enabled
> apache, run the top command and prepare to pick your jaw off the floor.
> mod_perl processes are huge and you probably don't need to be running 150 of
> them.
> Read http://perl.apache.org/guide/strategy.html  and
> http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html if you haven't already.
> Otherwise it may be that you have things other than mod_perl connecting to
> MySql in which case you just need to increase its max_connections parameter
> to a bigger number.

Hi,

Another possibility is you do not disconnect your connections properly...
I had this problem once. I don't suppose Apache::Session does that, but it
might be caused somewhere else (other connections, other scripts,etc.).
I caused this problem by passing references to the dbh internally in my
script, in such a way it was causing mod_perl to fail a correct garbage
collect, leaving the connection open, and reconnect for every request.
Eventually you run out of possible connections as well, even with only a
handfull of server-child-processes. You can monitor this from within
mysql.

Bye,
Remco

/----------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Remco Schaar                                                         |
| e-mail: Remco@ch.twi.tudelft.nl                                      |

    South Park meets Linux:
        - "Oh my God, they killed init!"
        - "You bastards!"

Re: Apache::Session : DBI->Too many connections

I am using Perl 5.6.0 whith MySql 3.22.32 , Apache 1.3.12 , modperl
1.24 .

On our Production Server , Apache error logs are showing sometimes :

[Thu Jun  8 14:53:34 2000] [error] DBI->connect failed: Too many
connections at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/Session/
DBIStore.pm line 117
        (in cleanup) DBI->connect failed: Too many connections at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/Session/DBIStore.pm li
ne 117

Does Anybody knows how solve this ?

THanks,

Fred

Sur WebMailS.com, mon adresse de courrier électronique gratuite.
Service multilingue, sûr, et permanent. http://www.webmails.com/