Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Larry Young <ly...@dalmatian.com> on 2003/05/21 22:13:00 UTC

[betwixt]hiding data members

Hello,

         I have a question regarding the Bean <--> XML conversion process.

         Is there a way to specify which data members (as represented by
get/set methods) are available for conversion into/outof XML and which
should be ignored?  I thought I had seen something about this somewhere in
the docs when I initially looked at the product, but now I can't find
it.  Basically some mechanism to say which fields are "transient" and which
are not.

         If there's no way to do this, I'll just have to rename some of the
methods to use "load/save", "assign/retrieve", or something like
that.  That would be unfortunate because I don't really want to encode my
beans persistence model into their method names, but ....

--- thanks ---
Larry

--------------------------
Larry Young
The Dalmatian Group
www.dalmatian.com

Re: [betwixt]hiding data members

Posted by Kevin O'Neill <ke...@rocketred.com.au>.
On Wed, 21 May 2003 13:13:00 -0700, Larry Young wrote:

> Hello,
>
>          I have a question regarding the Bean <--> XML conversion process.
>
>          Is there a way to specify which data members (as represented by
> get/set methods) are available for conversion into/outof XML and which
> should be ignored?  I thought I had seen something about this somewhere in
> the docs when I initially looked at the product, but now I can't find it.
> Basically some mechanism to say which fields are "transient" and which are
> not.

In your .betwixt add:

<hide property="foo"/>

-k.

--
If you don't test then your code is only a collection of bugs which
apparently behave like a working program.

Website: http://www.rocketred.com.au/blogs/kevin/