Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Psi Aushilfe3 <Au...@prosieben.de> on 2003/08/15 10:48:47 UTC

AW: URLs in external-graphics -> corrupt PDF

> Weird, at this point FOP should already have successfully accessed the

> content. Are you sure the server doesn't send a redirect or requires
> authentication for the URL? Look into the server logs for suspicious

Yes, I am sure :-) It's the simplest HTTP GET you can imagine :)

Bug?

Re: AW: URLs in external-graphics -> corrupt PDF

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Psi Aushilfe3 wrote:
> Yes, I am sure :-) It's the simplest HTTP GET you can imagine :)
>
> Bug?

I doubt this. It is most certainly some sort of misconfiguration
in your server. The exception is apparently thrown in
GifImage.loadImage():
    ImageProducer ip = (ImageProducer)this.m_href.getContent();
and somehow someone gets a sun HTTPConnection rather than the
expected class. I don't have time right now to dig deeper, but
it may be the getContent() doesn't return an ImageProducer. You
can put some traces into the code to confirm this.
Just as a guess, check the MIME type configured for the file
(including case) in the server. Access the URL with a browser which
doesn't second guess, like Mozilla, or use wget's raw dump.

J.Pietschmann