Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nehal Sangoi <ne...@patni.com> on 2006/06/30 13:32:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Linux Apache Plugin for BroadVision

Hi

I am trying to configure apache 1.3.27 on Linux AS for BroadVision as
backend application layer on solaris machine. In my configuration file, i am
trying to load bvsm_module extracted from broadvision install on solaris.
But while starting the Apache (on linux) .. it gives me following error.

$ ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 236 of /opt/abc/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/abc/apache/libexec/libbvapache.so-1.3.14 into server:
/opt/abc/apache/libexec/libbvapache.so-1.3.14: ELF file data encoding not
little-endian
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Also, file type ov BV lib module is ...

$ file libbvapache.so-1.3.14
libbvapache.so-1.3.14: ELF 32-bit MSB shared object, SPARC, version 1
(SYSV), not stripped

I have my BroadVision version 6.0

Has anyone ever tried this type of configuration?

Kindly, help ...

Thanks
Nehal

Re: [users@httpd] Linux Apache Plugin for BroadVision

Posted by Alexander Lazic <al...@none.at>.
Hi,

On Mon 03.07.2006 11:53, Nehal Sangoi wrote:

>My Linux is running on x86 hardware platform. (HP Proliant DL 380 G4)
>>From where i can download the Apache plugin for BroadVision for x86
>Architecture?

What have the BroadVision-Support said about this issue?!

I think this is OT here because it's an BroadVision problem, imho.

Regards

Alex

RE: [users@httpd] Linux Apache Plugin for BroadVision

Posted by Nehal Sangoi <ne...@patni.com>.
Hi

My Linux is running on x86 hardware platform. (HP Proliant DL 380 G4)
>From where i can download the Apache plugin for BroadVision for x86
Architecture?
I tried searching for it in the internet but no luck :((
Even, that "so" file is not provided in my BV installation package. The one
which is provided, is used for SPARC architecture.
I tried looking onto official BroadVision Site also. But, there too, no such
download is provided.

Kindly, suggest further.

Thanks
Nehal

On Fre 30.06.2006 17:02, Nehal Sangoi wrote:

>I am trying to configure apache 1.3.27 on Linux AS for BroadVision as
>backend application layer on solaris machine. In my configuration file,
>i am trying to load bvsm_module extracted from broadvision install on
>solaris.  But while starting the Apache (on linux) .. it gives me
>following error.

On which HW-Platform is linux running, x86 or sparc?

I assume that Linux AS is 'Redhat Linux Advanced Server' isn't it?

>Also, file type ov BV lib module is ...
>
>$ file libbvapache.so-1.3.14
>libbvapache.so-1.3.14: ELF 32-bit MSB shared object, SPARC, version 1
>(SYSV), not stripped

If you running linux on x86 you need the x86 so file.

Hth

Regards

Alex

Re: [users@httpd] Linux Apache Plugin for BroadVision