Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bruce Petro <bp...@artromick.com> on 2008/03/25 19:55:45 UTC

T5 and Eclipse 3.3.2 and Tomcat 5.5

Does anyone have suggestions for running/debugging Tapestry using Tomcat
5.5 and working in Eclipse?

IE:

a)       Should you create the eclipse project as a dynamic web project
or just a java project or some sort of J2EE project?

b)      Does a maven-built project map over to the type of project
answered in question a?

c)       Suggestions for pushing war over to tomcat's local directory,
debugging through tomcat with code changes visible.

d)      Any plugins?

THANKS!

Re: T5 and Eclipse 3.3.2 and Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Gabriel Landais <la...@codelutin.com>.
Bruce Petro a écrit :
> Does anyone have suggestions for running/debugging Tapestry using Tomcat
> 5.5 and working in Eclipse?
>

> IE:
>
> a)       Should you create the eclipse project as a dynamic web project
> or just a java project or some sort of J2EE project?
>
> b)      Does a maven-built project map over to the type of project
> answered in question a?
>
> c)       Suggestions for pushing war over to tomcat's local directory,
> debugging through tomcat with code changes visible.
>
> d)      Any plugins?
>

> THANKS!
I've given up Tomcat for Jetty and run jetty run plugin. It just works,
and as I don't use any specific servlet container API, my web app works
on Tomcat without a glitch.
And for debug, Jetty reloads well, Tomcat just doesn't. Also, project
has not to be a "dynamic web project"!
And if you really need to debug once with Tomcat, you still can open
debug port and connect on it with Eclipse.

--
Gabriel <la...@codelutin.com>
http://www.codelutin.com

Re: T5 and Eclipse 3.3.2 and Tomcat 5.5

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can also try very simple setup. Just download a WAR file with T5 inside
(you can build one using maven or just pick it one of these from here:

http://code.google.com/p/tapestry4nonbelievers/downloads/list

They have T5.0.10 inside but we can rebuild them with 0.11. Basically then
you just go to Eclipse and do "File" -> "Import" -> "WAR" and you are done,
you will have a ready-to-go dynamic web project you can directly deploy and
run using normal Eclipse web tools.

Renat

On 26/03/2008, Weisu <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bruce, I am using Tomcat 5.5, Eclipse 3.2.2 and T5.0.11.  I am not sure
> this is the prefer way but it works.
> 1) I create the project as a Java project, create seperate source and
> output
> folders to myApp/context/EB-INF/classes
> 2) In Java Build Path, add a user define library T5.0.11, and add all the
> tapestry libraries into it.
> 3) All the page and services java files are under src folder, all the tml
> files are under context folder.
> 4) Under tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost, create myApp.xml like
> <Context
>         docBase="c:/workspace/myApp/context"
>         path="/myapp"
>         reloadable="true">