Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Talal Zahid <ta...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/23 10:49:04 UTC

Missing artifact io.netty:netty-transport-native-unix-common:jar

Hello,
I have been trying to use apache arrow flight. But I am having trouble
using it.
It gives me following error:

Missing artifact io.netty:netty-transport-native-unix-common:jar:${
os.detected.name}-${os.detected.arch}:4.1.27.Final pom.xml
<!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.arrow/arrow-flight -->
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.arrow</groupId>
    <artifactId>arrow-flight</artifactId>
    <version>0.15.1</version>
</dependency>

Thank you.

Regards,
Talal Zahid

Re: Missing artifact io.netty:netty-transport-native-unix-common:jar

Posted by Ryan Murray <ry...@dremio.com>.
Hey Talal,

Try adding the `kr.motd.maven` extension as per
https://github.com/rymurr/flight-spark-source/blob/master/pom.xml#L34

That should populate the ${os.detected.arch} variable required to pull in
the netty native dependencies.

Best,

Ryan Murray  | Principal Consulting Engineer

+447540852009 | rymurr@dremio.com

<https://dremio.com>
Check out our GitHub <https://www.github.com/dremio>, join our community
site <https://community.dremio.com/> & Download Dremio