Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stefan Betermieux <st...@fernuni-hagen.de> on 2005/10/10 13:43:23 UTC

managed property initialization listener

Hi,

I am looking for a listener which I can implement to be noticed *after* the
managed property of a managed bean are initialized. Any ideas how to do this?

Stefan

Re: managed property initialization listener

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
There's no easy way to do this in JSF 1.1.

The best solution I've found is to install Spring + the jsf-spring.jar.

This allows you to have your JSF backing beans implement the
InitializingBean interface, and then you can implement a "public void
afterPropertiesSet()" method.

There may also be a way to do this using Shale, but I haven't looked into that.

-Mike