Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/07 00:48:34 UTC

cordova.js and cordova.platformVersion

I have started to look into adding cordova.platformVersion to cordova.js.
Issue [1].

Trying to figure out the best way to implement this.

One potential method.

1) Pass in platformVersion to cordova.js during build step. Make coho
handle it during release process:
First off, cordovajs doesn't get branched and tagged on its own anymore

Non-Browserify use case
A) coho prepare-release-branch --version 3.5.0 -r android
   - This step would build cordova-js, inject cordova.platformVersion based
on the --version being passed in.
   - Updating version in package.json files
    - Updating version numbers
   - Creating release branches

B) coho tag-release --version 3.5.0 -r android
    - Tag cordova-android "3.5.0"
    - Tag cordova-js "android-3.5.0"

Browserify use case
Currently, cordova.version is set to 'N/A' in browserify builds of
cordova.js.

We would probably have to create a utility function that grabs the
cordova.platformVersion property from "platform_www/cordova.js" files.
These are the cordova.js files that get bundled at release with the
platforms from the non-browserify use case.

Use the version when building cordova.js in prepare-browserify.js.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Re: cordova.js and cordova.platformVersion

Posted by Anis KADRI <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Steve!

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.