Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com> on 2010/09/14 14:18:06 UTC

Reset Page Number Causes Blank Page to Print

I receive a single, large XML invoice file. A single file contains multiple invoices of varying length. When the XML contains only ONE invoice my page numbering works fine.  However, when I have multiple invoices in a single file, I need to reset the page number back to one (1) for each new invoice.  I do this using the following:
<xsl:for-each select="statements/statement/detail">
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="multi"    initial-page-number="1">
    <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before"
         font-size="9pt" white-space-collapse="false"
         white-space-treatment="preserve">

This causes the page numbering to restart at page one BUT it also causes an additonal page to print with a blank body.  How do I prevent the additional page from printing?

Jeff Steffanina
Marriott International
FOSSE Development,  Bethesda, MD
(301)380-2047
jeff.steffanina@marriott.com
Marriott Technology: Shaping and Enabling Our Business
above-property solutions § agile designs § personalized connectivity
    This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc. that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient, or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or using it. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender. Nothing in this communication is intended as an electronic signature under applicable law.

RE: Reset Page Number Causes Blank Page to Print

Posted by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com>.

This worked.... THANKS.

Adding force-page-count="no-force" to the fo:page-sequence element
should fix the problem.

Jeff

	Adding force-page-count="no-force" to the fo:page-sequence
element should fix the problem.

	Eric Amick   Systems Engineer II

	Legislative Computer Systems

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.