Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2022/05/07 18:35:00 UTC

Re: Please pause any additional significant changes to branch-2.5

The spotless application to branch-2.5 was recently completed. We are down
to five in progress tasks.

HBASE-25915: 'mobdir' overlaps in HFileLink.mobPath (Patch Available)
HBASE-26192: hbck.jsp should provide an JSON formatted output option (Open,
but Minor)
HBASE-26342: Support custom paths of independent configuration and pool for
hfile cleaner (Patch Available)
HBASE-26854: Shell startup logs a bunch of noise (Open, but Trivial)
HBASE-26912: [dependabot] Bump checkstyle from 8.28 to 8.29 (Open, but
Trivial)

Two are in patch available status and I will shepherd them in along with
finishing the other three tasks that are all on my plate in the coming few
days. After a pass over tests to clean up flakes and issues, if necessary,
2.5.0RC0 is imminent.

Re: Please pause any additional significant changes to branch-2.5

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Clarification: Please continue to commit bug fixes to branch-2.5. A bug fix
is not a "significant change". They fix a feature or behavior already in
place.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Unrest, ignorance distilled, nihilistic imbeciles -
    It's what we’ve earned
Welcome, apocalypse, what’s taken you so long?
Bring us the fitting end that we’ve been counting on
   - A23, Welcome, Apocalypse