Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/31 19:51:01 UTC

[QUESTION OF TASTE] Should an Aegis(Xml)ServiceConfiguration demand the presence of an AegisDatabinding?

Proposal:

The service configuration will obtain the data binding from the
service factory. If it is Aegis, it will extract the desired
customizations. If it is not Aegis, it will do nothing. It will NOT
independently pull in and parse the XML.

The alternative is, of course, to allow Aegis configuration to be
mixed with anything else by just going ahead and reading the file (if
any) at that point.

The former is less work and arguably less confusing, but I'll do the
later if others think it superior.

Re: [QUESTION OF TASTE] Should an Aegis(Xml)ServiceConfiguration demand the presence of an AegisDatabinding?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Jul 31, 2008, at 1:51 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> Proposal:
>
> The service configuration will obtain the data binding from the
> service factory. If it is Aegis, it will extract the desired
> customizations. If it is not Aegis, it will do nothing. It will NOT
> independently pull in and parse the XML.

That is fine.   The required methods are already on the
ServiceConfiguration objects (except the nillable stuff which we'll
need to add to support this anyway).   Thus, we already have ways to
configure this stuff.

Dan

> The alternative is, of course, to allow Aegis configuration to be
> mixed with anything else by just going ahead and reading the file (if
> any) at that point.
>
> The former is less work and arguably less confusing, but I'll do the
> later if others think it superior.

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org