Posted to users@unomi.apache.org by Joe K <ri...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/01 13:24:42 UTC

Re: Evaluating Unomi

Hi Brenn,

I think it may be very hard to give you precise performance numbers. And I
am not surprised that there is a lack of performance tests as the dynamic
nature of CDP systems makes the results very ambiguous.

I was asked about the performance of our open-source Tracardi CDP and we
did some preliminary tests and made a video (https://youtu.be/455j5Zofoq4)
showing why it's hard to say if the CDP system will meet the company's
requirements. We even repeated the tests and reached about 600 events per
sec running 1 instance but still it did not answer the question whether or
not  the system will withstand the required load.

I guess there is only one way to find out if Unomi is good for you. You
would have to prepare a simple use case, implement it with Unomi and stress
that solution.

Best
Risto

Re: Evaluating Unomi

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org>.
Hello,

We have systems in production using over 20 million profiles and more
events. Requests / second are not that high though, as simultaneous users
are not that high.

Unomi is highly dependent on the performance of the underlying
ElasticSearch cluster, so the better that is provisioned the better the
overall performance.

Regards,
  Serge...