Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by shoevarek <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/08 01:29:36 UTC

DB2 trusted context with OpenJPA 2.0.1

Hello

My project builds an application that runs on WAS 7.0 and uses OpenJPA 2.0.1
persistence provider. We are also looking at using trusted context and
trusted connection when connecting to DB2 9.7 database. Problem is that
after setting up trusted context on DB2 side and configuring WAS data source
and application resource reference authentication reference trusted context
still does not work as expected. The database connection is not reset to
current user. We received a reply from IBM support stating that trace log
suggests that connection is not being reset for the current user because
wrong method is used: getConnection() instead of getDB2Connection(). As we
use OpenJPA and do not manage connections directly I assume EntityManager or
other OpenJPA component is responsible for the call.

I would appreciate anyone having experience in implementing similar solution
providing me any guidance. Is there any configuration on persistence unit
that can be done to force OpenJPA to call getDB2Connection instead of
getConnection()? Is there any specific interface we would need to implement
or class to extend? I looked at ConnectionDecorator and thought about
implementing my own that would be returning DB2PolledConnection wrapper
which would overwrite getConnection() to actually use getDB2Connection. I am
not sure however if that is the best approach.

I am attaching the trusted context trace. Any help is welcome.

[jcc][Connection@649c649c] BEGIN TRACE_CONNECTS
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] Successfully connected to server
jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/T2E2E
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] User: DSAPPID <---------------------------- FIRST
INSTANCE OF USER ID
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] Database product name: DB2/NT
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] Database product version: SQL10010
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] Driver name: IBM DB2 JDBC Universal Driver
Architecture
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] Driver version: 3.62.56
[jcc][Time:2012-11-02-13:34:19.406][Thread:WebContainer :
0][Connection@649c649c] getDB2Correlator () returned
127.0.0.1.12263.121102183419
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] DB2 Application Correlator:
127.0.0.1.12263.121102183419.0000
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] END TRACE_CONNECTS
[jcc][t4]   DRDA manager levels: { SQLAM=10, AGENT=10, CMNTCPIP=8, RDB=8,
SECMGR=9, XAMGR=7, SYNCPTMGR=7, RSYNCMGR=5 }
[jcc][Time:2012-11-02-13:34:19.406][Thread:WebContainer :
0][Connection@649c649c] setDB2ClientWorkstation (null) called
[jcc][Time:2012-11-02-13:34:19.406][Thread:WebContainer :
0][DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource@2f402f4] getDB2TrustedPooledConnection ()
returned [Ljava.lang.Object;@64846484
[jcc][Time:2012-11-02-13:34:19.406][Thread:WebContainer :
0][DB2PooledConnection@64876487] getConnection ([B@60146014, aadamcz,
<escaped>, null, null, server:DefaultNode_DefaultNode_WebSphere_Portalnull)
called
[jcc][Time:2012-11-02-13:34:19.406][Thread:WebContainer :
0][Connection@649c649c] reuse ([B@60146014, aadamcz, <escaped>, null, null,
server:DefaultNode_DefaultNode_WebSphere_Portalnull) called
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] DB2 LUWID: 127.0.0.1.12263.121102183419.0001
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] BEGIN TRACE_CONNECT_RESET
[jcc][Connection@649c649c] Successfully reset connection to server
jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/T2E2E