Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Geert Van Damme <GV...@vdab.be> on 2003/06/04 15:39:30 UTC

commandline executes matching pipeline three times

Hi,

I'm trying to run Cocoon from the command line, but it seems that the
matching pipeline for the requested URI is executed three times instead
of just one.
Did anyone experience the same problem ?

I'm running Cocoon2.0.4 using a very simple example which does work
(meaning pipeline processed only once) when running Cocoon as a webapp.

Following match is executed three times in stand alone mode :

    <map:match pattern="test">
      <map:generate src="welcome/welcome.xhtml"/>
      <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

I'm running following ant task to run the program :

	  <java classname="org.apache.cocoon.Main" fork="true"
failonerror="true">
		<arg value="-c./src/webapps/cocoon" />
		<arg value="-C./src/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf"
/>
		<arg value="/test" />
		<classpath refid="batch.classpath" />
	</java>

The log contains following output three times (with more log output
inbetween):

   [java] REQUEST: /test

   [java] CONTEXT PATH: null
   [java] SERVLET PATH: /test
   [java] PATH INFO: null
   [java] METHOD: get
   [java] CONTENT LENGTH: -1
   [java] PROTOCOL: cli
   [java] SCHEME: cli
   [java] AUTH TYPE: null

   [java] CURRENT ACTIVE REQUESTS: 1
   [java] REQUEST PARAMETERS:

   [java] PARAM: 'accept' VALUES: '[text/html, */*]'
   [java] PARAM: 'user-agent' VALUES: '[Apache Cocoon 2.0.4]'
   [java] HEADER PARAMETERS:

   [java] SESSION ATTRIBUTES:

Is there anything I miss here ? Any options I need to set ?

Thanks,
Geert

Re: commandline executes matching pipeline three times

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> Look at the Cocoon Wiki
> (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CommandLine):
>
> <snip>
> In order to follow links and rewrite URLs, Cocoon must generate pages
> multiple times:
>
>      * once to extract links from the page, using the links view
>      * once to check the mime type for URL rewriting
>      * once for getting page contents
> </snip>

And check out the CLI in 2.1. Much improved, and can be configured to only generate
pages once.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: commandline executes matching pipeline three times

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 4/06/2003 15:48 Steven Noels wrote:

> bug == feature ;-)
>
> binnen Cocoon 2.1 wordt er momenteel flink getimmerd aan de CLI, als ik
> me goed herinner loopt men daar maar twéé keer over dezelfde pijplijn.

bzzzzzt - wrong To: address

Dutch-speaking people: stop laughing ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: commandline executes matching pipeline three times

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 4/06/2003 15:39 Geert Van Damme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run Cocoon from the command line, but it seems that the
> matching pipeline for the requested URI is executed three times instead
> of just one.
> Did anyone experience the same problem ?

bug == feature ;-)

binnen Cocoon 2.1 wordt er momenteel flink getimmerd aan de CLI, als ik
me goed herinner loopt men daar maar twéé keer over dezelfde pijplijn.

Groetjes,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: commandline executes matching pipeline three times

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.