Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Huseyin OZYURT <ho...@hacettepe.edu.tr> on 2003/10/20 08:30:52 UTC

[users@httpd] help me!!!

I have two problem.i have a web server on solaris 9 sparch 64 bits.i have
installed httpd-2.0.47 and php-4.3.3 on machine.but oracle and mysql is not
running correctly.and php web page is not showing correctly...How could
solve this problem?How could i configure and install apache-2.0.47 and
php-4.3.3 on solaris 9 sparc 64 bits?

Please help me.....
Regards now....

Re: [users@httpd] help me!!!

Posted by cc <cc...@belfordhk.com>.
Huseyin OZYURT wrote:

> I have two problem.i have a web server on solaris 9 sparch 64 bits.i have
> installed httpd-2.0.47 and php-4.3.3 on machine.but oracle and mysql is not
> running correctly.and php web page is not showing correctly...How could
> solve this problem?How could i configure and install apache-2.0.47 and
> php-4.3.3 on solaris 9 sparc 64 bits?

I don't have a Solaris 9 station, but I suppose the methods with *Nix
are pretty much the same.

What I don't understand is what you mean by Oracle and MySQL not
running correctly.  AFAIK, this isn't a HTTP problem but the server
problem.

One thing is, you have to be a bit more specific as to what you
mean by "php web page is not showing correctly".  In which way
is it not showing correctly.

If you have the following in, say, test.php and you point your
browser to where you place your htdocs:

<?php
   phpinfo();
?>

Does it show the PHPinfo page?  If it shows the actual source
(as in what is shown above) then you don't have HTTP server
set up correctly to use PHP as a script.  I believe this is
covered in the documentation.

However, if you don't even get a thing then there could
be a misconfiguration of the server.  Without error logs and
such, it's hard to tell.