Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/02 23:44:17 UTC

Noob question on working with Git

Hi,

How do you folks work on different Jiras or features in parallel? I don't
quite get how parallel checkins work when I have a single fork to work from?

Gunnar

RE: Noob question on working with Git

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
I use separate VMs for each. I rarely work on more than two things at a time
however, and most of the time just one thing.

That said, there are ways (which I've never used) to stash changes on one
branch and switch to another. But it seems like a hassle to me because you'd
need to rebuild whenever you switch.

Dave

Posted by Gunnar Tapper <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Selva,

Could you do a writeup of what you do to accomplish all of this that we can
add to the contributor guide?

Thanks,

Gunnar

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.