Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by AlanFoster <al...@alanfoster.me> on 2013/07/19 00:19:51 UTC

XmlSchema generation - duplicated elements

Hi all,

Just a quick question about the generated Camel XSD to see whether or not
it's possible to remove some duplicated elements. For instance with
the`onExceptionDefinition` and `aggregateDefinition` complexTypes from the
schema http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint/camel-blueprint-2.10.0.xsd

I wonder if anyone has tried to remove this duplication in the past, or if
there are technical reasons why these duplicated sequence elements exist -
generic limitations maybe?

I have also noticed the schema currently allows a route such as the
following

        <route>
            <from uri="direct:start" />
            <when>
                <constant>hi</constant>
            </when>
        </route>

Yet the Java DSL does not allow this; I wonder why this limitation isn't set
on the XSD too?

I'd definitely appreciate any thoughts on this matter :)

Cheers
Alan