Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ashish Soni <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/22 21:36:50 UTC

Different Bolt on Different Servers - How to Configure in a single topology

Hi ,

Can some one please let me know if i have 1 spout and 3 bolts in a topology
and i want to start spout , bolts on different machine how can i do that

Server 1 - Spout
Server 2  - Bolt 1
Server 3 - Bolt 2
Server 4 - Bolt 3

Ashish

Re: Different Bolt on Different Servers - How to Configure in a single topology

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.
- run nimbus in one machine
- run supervisor in all four
- specify four workers when creating/configuring the topology
- submit topology to nimbus.

This should result in the topology elements being distributed among all
available servers.

If you require specific pairings (e.g. spout MUST be in server1, bolt 1
MUST be in server 2, and so on) then you have to look at writing your own
custom scheduler. More info (though it's dated 2012) here:

http://xumingming.sinaapp.com/885/twitter-storm-how-to-develop-a-pluggable-scheduler/

regards,
JG

--