Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2008/04/24 12:54:04 UTC

ReplaceTags FP's and fixes in non-english languages

Hello,

I found out that some ReplaceTags rules cause false positives with words in
non-english languages, like:

"medzi" (between) and/or "medzinarozny" (international) fire
SUBJECT_FUZZY_MEDS (medz...)

"peníze" (money) fires FRT_PENIS1

I can of course make subrules that match "medzi" or "peníze", and a meta
rule that would in combination with SUBJECT_FUZZY_MEDS or FRT_PENIS1 give
negative score, howewer that would require watching scores (to give
resulting score of 0, if possible), and they could also cause false
positived in spam containing random words.

I probably could increase effectivity by adding check for correct language
for meta rule to fire up, but I think that most effective would be
- changing those rules a bit not to fire
- checking excatly the word that matched if it's not FP.

Any ideas and recommendations?

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...