Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jonathan O'Keeffe <jo...@log-net.com> on 2001/08/28 04:20:14 UTC

Problem with InterleaveController?

Does anyone know of any problems using the InterleaveController?

I am using JMeter 1.6.1 (first time using post-1.6 release, have previously
used older versions).  In trying to use an InterleaveController, I am
having the following problem:

I have a ThreadGroup with the following setup:

--- "Web Testing" with a child URL Sample to request page A
--- "Interleave Logic", with a child "Web Testing", with several children
URL Samples to request pages B, C, D, E, etc.
--- "Web Testing" with a child URL Sample to request page Z
--- Uniform Random Timer (default settings)
--- Graph Results

What I am expecting is to sequence through the pages like this:
A, B, Z; A, C, Z; A, D, Z; A, E, Z; etc...

Instead, JMeter requests page A, page B, and then throws a
NullPointerException in InterleaveController:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.endEntryCycle(GenericController
.java:311)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.InterleaveControl.nextEntry(InterleaveControl.jav
a:116)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.GenericController.nextEntry(GenericController.jav
a:225)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:116)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

(The line numbers may be a bit off because I've been messing with adding
debugging statements in the source.  Line 311 in
GenericController.endEntryCycle is the first line of the method, which says

if(controlIt.hasNext())

I've verified that controlIt is null at this point, which is why it is
throwing the NullPointerException.

It seems to me that after the InterleaveControl requests its first sample,
the next call to nextEntry() calls init().  At this point,
controlIt.hasNext() == false, which ends up causing controlIt to be set to
null.  Later on, endEntryCycle gets called, which assumes that controlIt is
valid and fails.

Is there a problem here, or do I have something configured wrong?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

- Jonathan O'Keeffe