Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul <yd...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/10 00:22:14 UTC

[OT] make test fail [WAS mod_ssl: Init: Failed to generate temporary 512 bit RSA private key]

--- Lutz Jaenicke <Lu...@aet.TU-Cottbus.DE> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 01:04:51PM -0800, Paul wrote:
> > EGD is great -- thanks for the suggestion -- but the "make test" is
> > still no go. The OpenSSL manpage for RAND_egd (to which egd.pl docs
> > pointed me) says if the socket is /dev/egd-pool it'll use it
> > automatically, but it's a no-go so far.
>
> The automatic usage is brand new and only included in the version to
> become 0.9.7 one fine day. If you have <=0.9.6 you have to explicitly
> specify the place in httpd.conf
>   SSLRandomSeed startup egd:/var/run/egd-pool

First, that was exactly the problem.
May you and all who contributed to its resolution receive skillfully
rendered the prurient favors you prefer most from the individual(s) of
your choosing.

Now, I have a slightly different point of confusion.
The "make test" still fails, but leaves the spawned httpd running on
the test port. The error log says:
================================
[notice] Destruction->DESTROY called for $global_object
[Fri Feb  9 16:29:43 2001] [warn] [notice] child_init for process
23323, report any problems to [no address given]
================================

But if I hit the port with a browser I can pull the test.shtml page
with all the SSI mod_perl calls working fine. I feel a lot better about
doing the install now, but I still want to know what the problem is
here.

FYI, there was an suexec problem before, but I think that's just
because this box doesn't have a user "nobody". I edited the test
httpd.conf to run as our actual server id and it was happy, at least
for that. It's just that I keep coming back to various suexec
problems.... But since the current server runs and suexec's as it
should, I'm not too worried about that.  I just hate leaving *any*
loose ends.

On a seperate note, the main reason I was doing the recompile was to
add in mod_auth_dbm. I finally got a test directory to do a simple
request for authentication by ID/password, but now I can't get it to
accept my password. I built the file with Apache's dbmmanage, importing
a list of id/passwords from a script which used a perl crypt() to
encrypt the passwords as it fed them to dbmmanage via pipe in the
specified "id:encpwd" format. Everything seems to have gone smoothly
enough, but it won't accept the password. What now? :o/

The .htaccess file is:
AuthDBMUserFile /dart10/web/docs/public/test/test
AuthType Basic
AuthName "password test site"
Require valid-user